cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AAA, PIX, and audit tracking

dladen
Level 1
Level 1

I would to be able to have an audit trail for all changes to our firewall. I have setup the PIX to use aaa for authentication. Commands associated with the user ID are sent to the syslog server until I provide the enable password. Afterwards, all commands are associated with the enable_15.

If I configure TACACS to allow enable access, I can get enable access and the user name is associated with the commands.

Can I have the user name associated with a command in syslog but use the generic enable command? I have PIX6.2.2 and ACS2.6. I used "Cisco - Authentication and Command Authorization for PIX 6.2" as a reference setting this up.

2 Replies 2

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

I don't think it's possible to hide the previlege level form the user... at least I do not know of ways of doing this. The user can always issue the 'show curpriv' command and figure out his/her privelege level.

Thanks for the info but that is not what I am trying to do.

If I enter the command aaa authentication telnet console TACSERVER, a remote user needs an TACACS id and password to get line access. The enable password is used to get enable access. In the syslog server, I can see the activities of the user until they run the enable command. All privledge 15 command are associated with user enable_15. I would like the user to use the enable password but still have the syslog information associated with there ID.

If I enter the command aaa authentication enable console TACSERVER, I can have the user gain enable access with a password from the TACACS server. In this configuration, all privledge 15 commands are assoicated wtih the user name. This works and will probably be what I implement but I was hoping to use a generic enable password.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: