Views
Helpful
Replies

aaa server group

nihal.akbulut
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

what is the difference using server group instead of using multiple radius-server commands?

And ý have one more question: In PIX, when primary ACS goes down secondary ACS take the job. and even primary one comes back secondary ACS is used. Is this behaviour same on IOS, too? or in IOS is the primary ACS always been checked?

thanks.

2 Replies 2

m.singer
Level 4
Level 4

I think the idea of having 'server-group' is to group existing RADIUS servers for use in the method lists in the aaa commands. This makes the configuration easier when multiple servers are used for backup. Can anyone see add if there is any other difference? Thank you.

thanks for your reply. and I want to add one more thing about server group: I think the main idea behind this feaute is ability to use different aaa server groups for different purposes. For instance; one group for login authentication, another group for ppp.

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: