cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AAA Windows Authentication for WebVPN - ASA 5510

sysadmin
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASA 5510 we use as our corporate VPN and Firewall. Currently we have a Microsoft CRM solution which only authenticates via Active Directory on an internal server. We want to be able to have users log into the WebVPN and access the URL for the CRM interface, but it keeps giving us a you are not authorized to use this page error.

I have set up a RADIUS server, in the hopes that I can get the WebVPN to authenticate to the RADIUS machine for those users, but have no idea where to start. I don't want to arbitrarily start changing things on the firewall without knowing exactly what I'm doing, and our documentation is sparse. Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris G.

3 Replies 3

Any workaround on this ?

aletoledo
Level 1
Level 1

I did something similair with the ASA, just for IPsec VPN. I essentially ended up abandoning the LDAP authentication, because it never seemed to read the active directory past username and password.

I suspect that your RADIUS isn't completely setup. did you use the 'test' button succesfully under asdm?

in the microsoft IAS RADIUS server you have to go into the properties of it and specify the client (the ASA), the policy matching rules and then the autentication method. my guess is that when you've configured these things on the microsoft IAS, then your authentication will work.

dengxiande
Level 1
Level 1

I meet the same issue,how do you resolve it finally

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: