cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

About downloadable ACL on ASA5520

beyond_ccies
Level 1
Level 1

I have set a user with downloadable ACL on AAA server(ACS4.0 for Windows).On ASA5520,I have enable WebVPN on outside interface,and authentication method is AAA.

When I login in ASA5520 through WebVPN,it(downloadable ACL)didn't work.Please help me!!!

8 Replies 8

a.kiprawih
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Just a quick check, does your Downloadable ACL configured under AAA-Radius for authentication?

Rgds,

AK

Rutger Blom
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem with downloadable ACLs and SSL VPN on a VPN 3000 concentrator. The ACLs are on a ACS4, but somehow it doesnt work.

Rutger

Does the VPN3K even support downloadable ACLs?

Originally it was just PIX. Some IOS routers were enabled for NAC support - but the early implementation didnt support fragmentation (ie for ACLs larger than 4K)

Then there was a secutity vulnerability discovered in the DACL exchange. The fix for that made the new version incompatible with the previous one. So IOS/PIXOS needed updating.

Im not sure of the exact dates/versions - best check with the TAC.

Darran

a.kiprawih
Level 7
Level 7

VPN3K does not have/support DACL.

Rgds,

AK

DACL with VPN3K works fine with IPSec connections, but not with SSL VPN. I know because we use it this way. The DACLs are on the ACS server.

Rutger

Downloadalbe ACL from ACS to VPN3000 works just fine.

Allthough I have just reported a major flaw in the new code to VPN3030.

Same problem here. Downloadable ACLs work fine for SSL/IKE VPN sessions but not for WebVPN sessions.

Anybody opened a TAC case or know a workaround?

Thanks!

-Markus

Wait a minute, it works for you with SSL VPN? For us it doesn't. Only with IKE

Rutger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: