cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Accounting and DSL customers

mitchel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I am trying to log DSL customer monthly data transfer amounts. I have a RADIUS server for authentication and it sends auth and accounting data to our back end SQL database. For dial up customers this works fine as there calls end after at most a few hours and the information is sent to the DB when a stop packet is received by RADIUS. Our billing program then can use this info as needed. The problem is DSL customers never, or rarely disconnect. Is there a way to force a stop packet to the RADIUS server or is there some other way I can accomplish this?

Thank you,

Mitchel

2 Replies 2

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On the NAS (assuming an IOS router) you can do:

> aaa accounting update periodic 30

to have the NAS send periodic accounting updates every 30 minutes, rather than wait for a stop record. You can change the time interval to whatever you want.

Thanks, I was able to come to the same conclusion. One question, with over 500 virtual interfaces active what kind of hit will this put on the router, 7206 vxr, 256kb.

Thanks,

M

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: