Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ACS 1113 Appliance Recovery CD

I have a ACS 1113 appliance and I need to reset the admin password using the recovery disk however, I have followed the recovery guide to the letter without success.  The problem is the documentation says:

Connect a console to the serial console port on the back panel:
a. Attach a DB-9 to RJ-45 adapter (provided) to the serial port of the console.
b. Attach a DB-9 to RJ-45 adapter (provided) to the serial port of the ACS SE. For the location of the
serial port, see Figure 1-3 on page 1-6.
c. Use an RJ-45 cable (provided) to connect the console to the ACS SE.

It doesn't say what type of RJ-45 cable is provided, straight through, rollover?

It doesn't say what type of DB-9 to RJ-45 adapter to use, Terminal or Null or which one goes where.

I have tried every combination I can think of using straight, rollover with two RJ-45 connectors, and the standard Cisco DB-9 to RJ-45 cable with no success.  I have configured hyper terminal with the correct settings as well but I can never see anything on my console connection.  Any ideas on what  the real connection has to be?

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: ACS 1113 Appliance Recovery CD

This might help ( attached is the screen shot of cable and connector you need)

Recovering ADMIN credentials

http://www.ciscosystems.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_solution_engine/4.2.1/Installation_Guide/solution_engine/admap.html#wp1038722

HTH

Jatin

Do rate helpful posts-

~BR Jatin Katyal **Do rate helpful posts**
Views
Helpful
Replies