Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ACS 1113 SE 4.2 - No response on prompt

Hello

I have a couple of ACS SE 4.2 devices I am trying to configure. I had an incomplete config on one of them (CLI)and then rebooted the box in order to start again, alas I see the POST scroll by on console but, after that I get nothing on console. I have rebooted both boxes and the result is the same. Am I missing something? or do I need to reflash the disk with the CD?

<I got as far as putting in IP address and changing the username/passwords>

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES

Re: ACS 1113 SE 4.2 - No response on prompt

Since you haven't accomplished any significant configuration at this point, I would recommend running the recovery CD and starting over. If you still encounter problems after completing a successful configuration, please contact the TAC.

Re: ACS 1113 SE 4.2 - No response on prompt

Thank you..

I eventually opened a TAC case and after several re-images later it turns out its a something in the active directory parameters that does not like "administrator" or "service" as a console username but, its fine for the GUI;-)

So for anyone using 4.2 SE ACS.. don't use "admin", "administrator" or "service" as a username.. you would lose the console prompt!

Views
Helpful
Replies