Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have installed the the acs 1120 appliance as follows

entered the setup command in the console mode

iinstalled the licensevia the gui mode

But when i access the gui mode it get disconnect regularly

when i ping the ACS ping is successful  and the TTL shows 128

but after some time the connection is estabalished  and when i ping the TTL shows 64

can anybody help to solve this issue

thanks a lot

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alexander De Menezes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I couldn't quite follow your problem description.Please can you clarify the problem in further detail.

You mention when accessing the ACS GUI mode it get disconnect regularly.Are you loosing all IP connectivity to the ACS or is issue only via GUI?

Please can you include from ACS cli:

show application status acs
show version

show tech

Would be also relevant to see the output of "show application status acs" during the problem occurence.

For additional troubleshooting, the support bundle will also provide relevant info during problem occurence timestamp.You will need to enable the debug logs,for ex:

on ACS cli:
admin#conf t
admin(config)# logging loglevel 7
admin(config)# exit
admin# acs-config
After few seconds ,
you can then login with the ACS GUI username/password credentials.

acsadmin(config-acs)# debug-log mgmt-acsview level debug

acsadmin(config-acs)# debug-log runtime level debug
acsadmin(config-acs)# exit

Following the problem occurence, the support bundle can then be downloaded from GUI from Monitoring & Report Viewer >Troubleshooting>ACS Support Bundle.We will need to verify on the logs for timestamp of problem occurence.

But for now,further details on the problem seem needed along with the output from show commands from ACS cli mentioned above.

Thanks,

Alex

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Alexander De Menezes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I couldn't quite follow your problem description.Please can you clarify the problem in further detail.

You mention when accessing the ACS GUI mode it get disconnect regularly.Are you loosing all IP connectivity to the ACS or is issue only via GUI?

Please can you include from ACS cli:

show application status acs
show version

show tech

Would be also relevant to see the output of "show application status acs" during the problem occurence.

For additional troubleshooting, the support bundle will also provide relevant info during problem occurence timestamp.You will need to enable the debug logs,for ex:

on ACS cli:
admin#conf t
admin(config)# logging loglevel 7
admin(config)# exit
admin# acs-config
After few seconds ,
you can then login with the ACS GUI username/password credentials.

acsadmin(config-acs)# debug-log mgmt-acsview level debug

acsadmin(config-acs)# debug-log runtime level debug
acsadmin(config-acs)# exit

Following the problem occurence, the support bundle can then be downloaded from GUI from Monitoring & Report Viewer >Troubleshooting>ACS Support Bundle.We will need to verify on the logs for timestamp of problem occurence.

But for now,further details on the problem seem needed along with the output from show commands from ACS cli mentioned above.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Alexender

I am really sorry ,

The issue was due to an IP conflict  - now it works perfectly

Thanks again for the support

NP, good to know your issue is addressed though :-)

Thanks,

Alex