cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 1121 Patch10

jthomp7626
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue with applying a patch to an ACS 1121 appliance running version 5.2.0.26. I have 5 units that needed updating and the first one is the unit with the problem. The subsequent ones updated with no issues.

When I do a show version the 5.2.0.26.10 does not show. When I try to do a reinstall I get back patch all ready exists. When I try to do an uninstall I get back patch does not exist.

Is there a command can wipe out patch 10, so I can start over? The CLI factory-reset only wipes the web configuration not the running-config or IOS.

Thank you,

John

8 Replies 8

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

I have seen the issue come over the aliase before and so am sharing that previous answer:

We can easily rename the Patch file name and wait the for the process to complete using the new filename. For example:

- If trying the following drops the error:

ACS01/admin# acs patch install 5-2-0-26-10.tar.gpg repository Test

Patch '5-2-0-26-10' is already installed.

% Error: Failure to open / validate the patch

- Rename the patch filename and try again. you can rename it to something like: patch_5-2-0-26-10.tar.gpg

ACS01/admin# acs patch install patch_5-2-0-26-10.tar.gpg repository Test

Thank you. I will try this and let you know.

Thanks much it worked!

mauzamor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have seen this issue before, the workaround is this:

-Change the filename of patch 10 to something else like, for example: ACS-52-Patch-10.tar.gpg

-From the ACS CLI enter the command:

acs patch install ACS-52-Patch-10.tar.gpg repository your-repository-name

Notice that the command is exactly the same, the only difference is the patch file name.

Let me know if it works.

Rate if it helps!

Thank you. I will try this.

Thank you I will try this and let you know.

Thanks much it worked!

Thanks. It's Work for me