Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 3.2 on Win2k - Upgrade path of replicated ACSs

josefribeiro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have 2 ACS 3.2 servers that I want to upgrade to 4.2.1, the latest version before 5, as I understand.

My question is regarding replication. Do I need to stop database replication and upgrade the servers separately or not? Can I upgrade the servers while database replication is configured? If so, is there an specific order of upgrade?

Thanks,

Jose

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

Here is the note from the User guide.

"All ACSs that are involved in replication must run  the same release of the ACS software. For example, if the primary ACS  is running ACS version 3.2, all secondary ACSs should be running  ACS version 3.2. Because patch releases can introduce significant  changes to the ACS internal database, we strongly recommend that ACSs  involved in replication use the same patch level."

So, I would suggest you to disable replication before upgrading. After all ACS are upgraded to the same version, you can enable replication again.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

Here is the note from the User guide.

"All ACSs that are involved in replication must run  the same release of the ACS software. For example, if the primary ACS  is running ACS version 3.2, all secondary ACSs should be running  ACS version 3.2. Because patch releases can introduce significant  changes to the ACS internal database, we strongly recommend that ACSs  involved in replication use the same patch level."

So, I would suggest you to disable replication before upgrading. After all ACS are upgraded to the same version, you can enable replication again.

Thanks for your reply. That's how I'll proceed with my upgrade.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: