Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ACS 3.3 and 802.1x

We currently have a bunch of wireless access points and are looking for a way to assign users to a certain vlan when authenticated by our ACS server. We do NOT want to do MAC address tables for these hosts. I would like them to enter a user name and password (for our Active Directory) and then based on their group membership be assigned to their respective vlan. I understand how to get the client and stuff set up on the switch side (port settings) and how to set up the wireless device on the ACS. My problem is setting up the group to be able to check the authentication. Do I just select the radius type "login" ?

• AAA Identity and NAC
2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: ACS 3.3 and 802.1x

OK, so the steps you need to follow are

1) setup Windows external authenticator to allow ACS to authenticate users in your AD.

2) at this point APs wanting to authenticate by LEAP should just work

3) create ACS groups - one for each vlan. In each group you need to return some RADIUS attributes to tell the AP which VLAN to use:

Tunnel-Type = VLAN

Tunnel-Medium-Type = 802

Tunnel-Private-Group-Id =

4) create the ACS database mappings from AD groups to ACS groups.

Fairly simple provided you get each step working as you go.

If you want PEAP/FAST flavours of EAP its essentially the same, but the authentication config is more complex.

Re: ACS 3.3 and 802.1x

I will want to eventually carry this over to regular desktop users. Is the a method (PEAP or otherwise) that would be the best to use for both? Also does this still allow Microsoft Group Policy to be run when the pc boots up? If not is there anything I could do to resolve that? We do push applications out using GP. Thank you in advance for your response!

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.