cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 3.3 can no longer edit "Network Devices"

mike.siegel
Level 1
Level 1

When I select my "Network Devices" on my ACS 3.3 for Windows, it intermittently asks me to run 'setup.exe'. Other times it will load the screen, but if I try to edit my TACACS+ devices it will again ask to open 'setup.exe'.

This happened a few months ago, I backed up the DB, reinstalled ACS and restored the DB. This seemed to have fixed the problem temporarily.

Has anyone experienced the same problem or have any ideas what is going on here? The AAA client has about 10 IP addresses associated with it. Could this be corrupting the DB? For ease of management I just created a router group with the same shared key for TACACS+ and listed the IPs of 10 routers. Would this problem be avoided if I created a separate entry for each router?

And finally, if anyone has done the 3.3->4.0 migration, what are the benefits/drawbacks?

Thank you,

Mike

1 Reply 1

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

This appendix provides information about certain basic problems and describes how to resolve them.

Scan the column on the left to identify the condition that you are trying to resolve, and then carefully go through each corresponding recovery action offered in the column on the right.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2086/products_user_guide_chapter09186a0080233603.html#wp563520