cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 3.3 - Using CSUTIL.exe to identify users who authenticate via Novell

anthonyhoar
Level 1
Level 1

We are phasing out External DB authentication for Novell. We would like to identify and delete all ACS users that have "Novell" as their Password Authentication type.

Is this possible?

I have been playing with csutil.exe and there appears to be nothing that will let me enumerate "user" AND "Password Authentication" as criteria for export.

4 Replies 4

darpotter
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

No easy way to do this, but I could write something that would work.

If interested please use the contact page on extraxi.com

Darran

Ok, what's the catch?

We are planning an upgrade to ACS 4.0 next fiscal year and you said it yourself, ACS 4.0 has a purge mechanism built into it for Ext_DB users.

I know we can dump the database to clear text and there is a lot of user information specified at that point. I just need to know what field in that dump is specifying the "Password Authentication" type and what's the encoding on that field.

This will be a one time process and we really don't want to spend any money on ACS 3.3(3.11)

..in which case the cheapest option is to postpone this until after you've upgraded to 4.0

Darran

ah man, your killing me here...oh well, I totally understand. You have to make your maoney too.

Thanks for all your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: