Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ACS 4.1 SE - Spaces After Hostname

I have a problem where the some of the device hostnames configured in our ACS have a space after the hostname. This prevents the device from being edited or deleted. Although the device shows in the device listing when I try to edit it I get the message "Failed to edit Router123. Reason: The Host no longer exists"

If I download the csv device listing into excel it shows there is a " " after the hostname.

I think I have found this bug in CSCsf98129 but it says that there is "Workaround: None. Database must be manually edited by ACS DE"

I assume this means an ACS Database Editor that will edit a backed up dmp file where I can remove the space from the hostname and restore it to the ACS. Has anyone tried this and which editor should I use?

Many Thanks

Hardware Cisco Secure ACS Solution Engine Release 4.1(1) Build 23 Patch 5

• AAA Identity and NAC
3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: ACS 4.1 SE - Spaces After Hostname

Backup the registry

- shut the services through acs (CSADMIN etc)

- remove the hosts in the registry

- restart system

- restart acs and services.

Thanks for thr reply but this is an ACS Solution Engine not and ACS Windows server. So I do not think that the registry can be directly edited. I can export the registry to package.cab file using the support function but I don't see how I can edit and apply that exported registry.

Replying to my own message as I logged a TAC Case with Cisco. The only way to fix this is to send the database backup to Cisco and they will manually remove the spaces.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.