Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACS 4.1 syslog to CS-MARS

HAs anybody successfully deployed the new syslog feature to send messages to CS-MARS? I am able to syslog to the Cisco PIX Firewall syslog server (running on a workstation), but I have not been able to see the messages appear in CS-MARS. I followed the guideline of changing the max message size to 500 bytes for CS-MARS, and the CS-MARS device successfully receives syslog data from firewalls and other network appliances.

I basically followed the guide for configuring AAA devices for ACS 3.X/4.0 to CS-MARS (excluding the step of the pnLogging agent). Is there some other method to implement ACS 4.1 syslogging to CS-MARS?

Thanks in advance!

ray

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: ACS 4.1 syslog to CS-MARS

Authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) devices provide accountability throughout your network, ensuring that valid users are authorized to use the network services they request and providing detailed event logs regarding failures and successes in such requests.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6241/products_user_guide_chapter09186a0080750382.html

Silver

Re: ACS 4.1 syslog to CS-MARS

Thats interesting, does MARS know anything anything about the particular format chosen by ACS.. ie enough to actually process the logged events in some meaningful way?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content