cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 4.2.(1) build15 - replication failed with Cannot access file

johngething
Level 1
Level 1

Just upgraded from 4.0 - to 4.2 then to 4.2.1 15. As you may have seen with periovous posts of mine its not been an esay ride.

I have now managed to get it all working - backups AAA etc but for some reason i cannot get the replication to work! Its states the following...

Within the Database Replication active log - Error OutBound database replication failed - refer to CSAuth log file.

Other lines in the log state  its ok eg - Component logging reports was updated - being replicated to slave...

Looking at the CSAuth log file...

.....DBReplication thread kicked..starting sync.

ODBC Operation failed with the folowing information: Message = [Sybase] [ODBC Driver] [Adaptive Server Anywhere] Cannot access file "D:$etworks\CiscoSecure 4.2\CSAuth\DbSyncSratch\users\users.dat~ -- Invailed argument, sqlStates=S1000, Native error = -602$

SL:saveUserTable - execution Failed.

Please note that the $ is a symbol that i have used because the symbol in the log is strange and i  cannot seem to be able replicate here with this text, for example $etworks - should be networks...

Everything else seems to be working except this - any help would be great..

Oh Merry Xmas and Happy new year to you all!

John

4 Replies 4

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi John,

Check the connectivity for TCP port 2000 between both the ACS primary and secondary ACS. TCP port need to be opened between both the ACS.

and also share what is the logs error coming in secondary ACS.

Hope this helps !!

Regards

Ganesh.H

Mathias.Rufer
Level 1
Level 1

Did you find a solution?

I have the same problem with the exact same symptoms - I can't get replication to work. The path name in the error message is missing the first letter, too.

PS: It has nothing to do with the firewall, the replication fails even before it tries to connect to the network.

Greetings
Mathias Rufer

Hi Mathias I have just taken over from John Gething and have picked up this problem again. Just wondered if you had made any progress since last July?

Thanks

Pete

Hello Pete

No progress, sorry. We implemented it without replication.

Greetings

Mathias Rufer