Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 4.2

NAVIN PARWAL
Level 2
Level 2

Folks,

I just installed ACS 4.2 on windows 2003 server, when i connect to the acs remotely, it asks me for a username and password. I remember setting up a password for admin when installing,but i do not know the username??? please help.

4 Replies 4

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

ACS administrator user accounts are stored separately from the regular user database. You probably don't even have any ACS administrator accounts created. RDP to your Windows server and run ACS web admin on there. You will not be prompted for user/password to login. Then go to the Administration Control and add admin user accounts. Then you can use ACS web admin remotely.

Regards,

Roman

Thanks I tried to do that at the server where acs is installed, but when the administration page comes up, when i try to fill up the form for the admin user, it does not access and gives me a error on the page, it seems i require a certain version of java on that machine as well? the page itself gives me a error and does not let me submit the new admin account i created.

yes, you need java and use Internet Explorer. Install latest java from www.java.com

Regards,

Roman

1)turn off pop

2)add in trusted website in windows 2003 server

3) install Java 6(TM) update 14

thanks

Karthik