Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.1 backup issues

gautamzone
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friends,

Platform is ACS 1120 Ver 5.1. I tried using the acs backup and just the backup command and both are currently giving me problems.

1. When i backup ACS using the "acs backup" command, and then remove a few commands from acs configuration, i should be able to get back those commands into the configuration when i run a restore. Right? However, i dont see that. Following are the screenshots:

Backup of data:

ACS/admin# acs backup gcc-backup repository gcc-repository

ACS backup file 'gcc-backup-100925-1336.tar.gpg' successfully copied to repository 'gcc-repository'

Backup history:

ACS/admin# show backup history
Sat Sep 25 13:36:34 AST 2010: backup gcc-backup-100925-1336.tar.gpg to repository gcc-repository: success

Repository contents:

ACS/admin# show repository gcc-repository

gcc-backup-100925-1336.tar.gpg

I tried removing the following commands:

ACS/admin(config)# no snmp-server contact GCC-IT
ACS/admin(config)# no snmp-server location GCC-DC

Sat Sep 25 14:56:31 AST 2010: restore gcc-backup-100925-1334.tar.gpg from repository gcc-repository: success

ACS/admin# restore gcc-backup-100925-1336.tar.gpg repository gcc-repository application acs
Restore requires a restart of application services. Continue? (yes/no) [yes] ? yes
Stopping ACS.
Stopping Management and View....................
Stopping Runtime...........................
Stopping Database....
Cleanup.....
Starting acs

ACS/admin# show restore ?
  history  Display restore history

ACS/admin# show restore history
Sat Sep 25 15:46:30 AST 2010: restore gcc-backup-100925-1336.tar.gpg from repository gcc-repository: success

However, the two snmp commands are not reverted back.

2. Also, if i just run the backup command, i get some error though there is a 54 MB file copied successfully to the FTP server:

The following are the captures:

ACS/admin# backup bkp repository gcc-repository
% Creating backup with timestamped filename: bkp-100925-1517.tar.gpg
tar: backup/acs/view/avreports/repository/public/public: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

show backup history

Sat Sep 25 15:17:49 AST 2010: backup bkp-100925-1517.tar.gpg to repository gcc-repository: success

Please advise what the above error means?

Thanks a lot

Gautam

7 Replies 7

gautamzone
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friends,

I made a change in the GUI by removing a user and then restoring from backup and it worked fine.

So i guess that the ACS config that they are referring to is the GUI config?

I got the answer for point 1. However, can anyone just give me some clue for the issue i am facing in point 2?

Thanks a lot

Gautam

Gautam,

One of my customer had a same issue and we got the fix.

Could you also try taking a backup on your ACS appliance with the following command on the
ACS cli: backup repository

And then restore the same backup onto the same ACS with the following command from the
cli:  restore repository

thanks,
Vinay
Thanks & Regards

Dear Vinay,

I tried the same thing. Please find below the captures:

ACS/admin# backup bkp repository gcc-repository
% Creating backup with timestamped filename: bkp-100925-1517.tar.gpg
tar: backup/acs/view/avreports/repository/public/public: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

show backup history

Sat Sep 25 15:17:49 AST 2010: backup bkp-100925-1517.tar.gpg to repository gcc-repository: success

Thanks a lot

Gautam

I wish I new.  I am having the same backup issue.  On phone with TAC now.

Hi

I have make an upgarde from ACS 5.1 to 5.2 and after a restore I can't make a baxckup i get the same error

Thanks

Jorn

Hi,

observed the same error message yesterday on 5.2 a fresh reimaged ACS Appliance.

Did a Backup on 5.1, Installed 5.2, restored the 5.1 Backup to the appliance

After that tried another backup on the CLI:

svacs1/admin# backup Test123 repository RepoBackup

% Creating backup with timestamped filename: Test123-101020-1322.tar.gpg

svacs1/admin#

From my point of view, the error message looks exactly like

the output of the native unix tar-command.

The directory names seem to indicate a repository for reports should be archived in the tar file,

but the specified files/directory does not exist in the appliances' file system.

Anyone already opened a SR with the CiscoTAC ?

Got useful Answers or even a BugID ?

Frank

Hi all,

you can have a look at the following bug: CSCtj35006

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtj35006

This is just a cosmetic issue and you can check on the ADE.log file for the actual result of the backup task.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Federico