Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.1 changepassword admin for individual groups

greenphp1
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

Using  acs 5.1 appliance, created engineering under Identity Groups

anyway to create a changepasswordadmin to allow only this changepasswordadmin to change the password of internal users belong to engineering group only. This changepasswordadmin cannot touch other users in other groups on All Groups.

This is possible in ACS 4.2, cannot find this option is ACS 5.1

All Groups:engineering

please advise and thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi PPP,

It is great feature to have in 5.1. This is surely a feature request that can be included in upcoming releases of acs 5.x

I'm send you the process of filing feature request.

Regards.

~JG

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Hi PPP,

Unfortunately that feature is not available in ACS 5.1. Admin cannot be assigned to specific user group

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

hi sir,

thanks for your prompt reply, just want to check will this feature be incorporate in next patch or release of acs 5. will it be make free to the customer. in acs 4.2, we are able to create different administrators to manage different groups, sad to hear that this feature is not available in acs 5.1. any chance for this feature to be make as a patch for acs 5.1 and available free via an upgrade for my customer whom already buy acs 5.1?

thanks

I think you were not clear in your first post. It seems that you want that a specific administrator can only change the password of internal users who belongs to engineering group.

The max you can do, assign this role to an administrator so that he can change all internal user password

ChangeUserPassword

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.1/user/guide/admin_admin.html#wp1068633

OR assign;

ReadOnlyAdmin

HTH

JK

~Jatin

Hi PPP,

It is great feature to have in 5.1. This is surely a feature request that can be included in upcoming releases of acs 5.x

I'm send you the process of filing feature request.

Regards.

~JG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: