Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.1 External Database for Accounting , Authorization for PIX

vanamsreekanth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I need a configuration assistance for Cisco Secure ACS 1120 with ACS version 5.1 loaded.

We are using AAA Protocol over TACACS+ for device administration , we are using RSA Token ID Server as a Extrenal Database for the authentication.

We are not able to see the Username Attribute in the Accounting Information as the Authentication is through RSA Secure ID Token Server .

IS there any means of acheiving this ?DO i need to do any changes over RSA or ACS for this to happen

Query 2

How can i do Authorization for PIX/ASA firewalls , where in i am using RSA as the Database and i dont have any users added in the internal hosts.

Kindly help me

Regards

Sree

2 Replies 2

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi all

I need a configuration assistance for Cisco Secure ACS 1120 with ACS version 5.1 loaded.

We are using AAA Protocol over TACACS+ for device administration , we are using RSA Token ID Server as a Extrenal Database for the authentication.

We are not able to see the Username Attribute in the Accounting Information as the Authentication is through RSA Secure ID Token Server .

IS there any means of acheiving this ?DO i need to do any changes over RSA or ACS for this to happen

Query 2

How can i do Authorization for PIX/ASA firewalls , where in i am using RSA as the Database and i dont have any users added in the internal hosts.

Kindly help me

Regards

Sree

Hi Sree,

Check out the below link for pix/asa for authoriazation configuration with ACS

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2086/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801fd7cb.html#wp676446

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Thanks Ganesh

You are the one among few every time i get a quick reply whenver i post a query

I dont have any internal user database in the ACS and all my Authentication requests are forwarded to RSA , i jus want to get the Username from the ACS and PAssword from the RSA so that i can segregate the USers based on the User name and so that i can have Authorization rules applied using the command sets and USer Groups..

Kindly also help me in the accounting for Extenal Database Authentication

Regards

Sree

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: