Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.1 shows no logged events in Monitoring and Reports

George Horton
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a Cisco ACS 5.1 virtual appliance which has been working fine, I have however just discovered that it is now unable to provide me with any logs.

TACACS authentication is still working without any issues, the only problem I have is viewing the logs.

Many Thanks in advance for the help.

George

6 Replies 6

George Horton
Level 1
Level 1

I have been looking and I think I have found the cause (although not the solution!). 

I configured an additional external syslog server and added it into the global logging categories, this is working a treat.  On looking at the Monitoring and Reporting view the log collector shows the last syslog message as being back on the 4th May this year.  I have gone so far as to configure a second logcollector syslog setup, however this is also not working.

Hopefully this will help someone who has more knowledge of the system to help.

George,

Can you ssh into the appliance and issue the "show application status acs" command all the services should be started. If not then you can start the services manually by typing acs start .

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

everything is running.  I have tried restarting some of the services, however I have had no joy.

ACS role: PRIMARY

Process 'database'                  running

Process 'management'                running

Process 'runtime'                   running

Process 'view-database'             running

Process 'view-jobmanager'           running

Process 'view-alertmanager'         running

Process 'view-collector'            running

Process 'view-logprocessor'         running

George,

Can you see if the log collector is configured properly, I assume this is a standalone device correct? Also is this running on a virtual machine and are there any patches installed.

Please check System administration > Configuration > Log configuration > Log Collector and see if it is pointing to itself or the monitoring node (in distributed configuration) as the log collector.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

This is a standalone ACS.  The log collector is configured to point at itself and the global configuration for logging all has the log collector configured.

Are you able to get redirected to the logs page and they just appear blank? Are you using the same browser try switching browsers to rule out a browser issue.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: