Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ACS 5.2 Authentication

I have cisco ACS 5.2 server which is integrated with Active directory .Now users are not able to login to one perticular device ,which was working fine for last 2 month .Authentication request are not coming to ACS .we didnt made any changes in ACS side .

For testing purpose we have configured the device with Cisco ACS 4.2 ,which is not integrated with AD then its working fine and user is able to login .

Kindly help me ..

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

ACS 5.2 Authentication

If no request is hitting ACS 5, then there's nothing you can do on ACS can you ?

I suggest checking your device config and check with debugs/trace if it is really sending something towards acs 5.

Maybe give more info about that device ?

ACS 5.2 Authentication

Deive is an SBC Switch .issue is resolved now .

we have two servers ,one is primary  (ACS1 )and other is secondary (ACS 2)  ,which is replicating from primary .

In all network elements we configured ACS1 as primary and ACS2 as secondary .

I was able to ping that device from ACS 1 and user is able to ping ACS 1 from that device too ,after he logged in locally .

I have investigated the above issue in network level  and understood that radius packets are not coming to ACS1 and it is going ACS2 , but at that time also we can not see any authentcation logs  from this device in our  primary/secondary server .even though user are contineously getting failed authentcation .

Now  we have configured ACS2 as primary and ACS1 as secondary in that perticular device .and it start working .

I still can not understand the root cuase for the same ,even rest of the all devices in that NDG (Same location and same subnet ) is sending authencation request ACS1 and working fine .

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content