Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.2 CSV Header syntax - Boolean

ThibaultMean
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

is there a documet that explain the header syntax for the CSV file import?

I'm trying to add an optional boolean header, but so far all my attempts have failed using "attr-header_name:Boolean(true,false):argument" (this attribute should be optional).

Any idea?

Regards,

Thibault.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

(got cut in the middle the last time)

Lets do this for users first

What you need to do is as follows:

1) First you need to create a user defined attributed for this flag; lets call it migrated

Go toSystem Administration >Configuration >Dictionaries >Identity >Internal Users; press create and enter "migrated" for name "booelan" for the type

2) Now export the template for import of users. As new user attributes are defined the template gets changed

GotoUsers and Identity Stores >Internal Identity Stores >Users; select "File Operations" -> Add -> Download Add Template

In my example after system install and then defining the user attribute in step 1 I get the following

name:String(64):Required,description:String(1024),"enabled:Boolean(true,false):Required","changePassword:Boolean(true,false):Required",password:String(32):Required,enablePassword:String(32),UserIdentityGroup:String(256),"attr-migrated:Boolean(true,false)"

3) Now create a record for a user. The header lines gives you each of the fields and their types. So my record that I place after the header line is

jrabinow,,true,false,1234,,,true

Name: jrabinow

Description

enabled: true

changePassword: false

password: 1234

enabledPassword:

UserIdentityGroup: . defaults to"All Groups"

attr-migrated: True;   my new attribute to indicate user was migrated

4) Can now import. Similar steps as item 2) but instead of "Download Add Template" press Next and in next page select the file and "Finish"

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

ThibaultMean
Level 1
Level 1

Actually from what i can see in another export file, the syntax should be something like "attr-header_name:Boolean(true,false)"

but still it does not work.

I will be happy to help. Can you clarify which type of data you are trying to add. is it users?devices? endpoints?

Assume it was devices.Before starting the process you need to download the template file that describes the format of each record and should be included in the first line of the file when it is imported.

For devices this is  done by selecting: Network resources-> Network Devices and AAA Clients; "File Operations" button; then Add and Download Add Template

Will be similar to the following:

name:String(64):Required,description:String(1024),subnets:Subnets(a.b.c.d/m;...):Required,"supportRADIUS:Boolean(true,false):Required",radiusSecret:String(32),coaPort:Integer:Required,"supportKeyWrap:Boolean(true,false)",keywrapKEK:String(32),keywrapMACK:String(40),"keywrapDisplayInHex:Boolean(true,false)","supportTACACS:Boolean(true,false):Required",tacacsSecret:String(32),"singleconnect:Boolean(true,false)","legacyTACACS:Boolean(true,false)",Location:String(256),Device Type:String(256)

Then enter data in corresponding format

Hello,

Actually what I'd like to add might imply some change on the webpage.

The idea was just to track object migrated from 4.2 using a boolean value instead of using the description "Migrated Internal User Object".

That would be for both user and devices.

Regards,

Thibault.

1) First you need to create a user defined attributed for this flag; lets call it migrated

Go toSystem Administration > Configuration > Dictionaries > Identity > Internal Users; press create and enter "migrated" for name "booelan" for the type

2) Now export the template for import of users. As new user attributes are defined the template gets changed

GotoUsers and Identity Stores > Internal Identity Stores > Users; select "File Operations" -> Add -> Download Add Template

In my example after system install and then defining the user attribute in step 1 I get the following

(got cut in the middle the last time)

Go toSystem Administration >Configuration >Dictionaries >Identity >Internal Users; press create and enter "migrated" for name "booelan" for the type

GotoUsers and Identity Stores >Internal Identity Stores >Users; select "File Operations" -> Add -> Download Add Template

name:String(64):Required,description:String(1024),"enabled:Boolean(true,false):Required","changePassword:Boolean(true,false):Required",password:String(32):Required,enablePassword:String(32),UserIdentityGroup:String(256),"attr-migrated:Boolean(true,false)"

3) Now create a record for a user. The header lines gives you each of the fields and their types. So my record that I place after the header line is

jrabinow,,true,false,1234,,,true

Name: jrabinow

Description

enabled: true

changePassword: false

password: 1234

enabledPassword:

UserIdentityGroup: . defaults to"All Groups"

attr-migrated: True;   my new attribute to indicate user was migrated

4) Can now import. Similar steps as item 2) but instead of "Download Add Template" press Next and in next page select the file and "Finish"

Hello J,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I'll try that first thing in the morning.

Regards,

Thibault.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: