cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.2 EAP-TLS with external certificates.

jorge.novo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have created several server and client certificates of my EAP-TLS infrastructure.

With OpenSSL I have successfully installed de CA in the ACS:

Users and Identity Stores >  ... >  Certificate Authorities >  Edit: "Ejemplo de Certificado de Servidor CA

Issued To:  Ejemplo de Certificado de Servidor
Issued By:  Ejemplo de Certificado de Servidor
Valid From:  21:21 04.11.2010 
Valid To (Expiration):  21:21 03.01.2011 
Serial Number:  8b8c79bb7a815d59

Also in the Wireless Client the same CA and the client certificate:

Now I must install de server certificate in the ACS, but with the different test I always obtain the same error:

"unable to parse certificate"

Without the server certificate in the ACS I always obtain the same error:

EAP-TLS failed SSL/TLS handshake because of an unknown CA in the client  certificates chain

Cisco ACS VERSION INFORMATION
-----------------------------
Version : 5.2.0.26

server.crt
server.csr
server.key
server.p12
server.pem

Best Regards

4 Replies 4

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

Did you try to generate CSR from ACS 5.2 itself and then use this CSR to get server certificate from CA server?

Tiago Antunes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The ACS certificate must respect the ACS requirements.

Supported certificate formats include, DER, PEM, or Microsoft private key proprietary format.

Please takea look into the config example https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13545 where it shows how to install a 3rd party cert into the ACS to be used for EAP-TLS.

You can also find other information at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.2/user/guide/admin_config.html#wp1052640.

HTH,

Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Hi,

Were you able to find a solution for this issue.

ted.schwind
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue with 5.5 and still having the issue after upgrading ACS to 5.6.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: