cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.2 HA

jason.edelman
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to deploy ACS 5.2 as one physical appliance and one virtual appliance to be a Primary/Secondary pair?

Thanks,
Jason

4 Replies 4

camejia
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Jason,

That would be a valid scenario and should work as expected as long as you meet the minimun requirements for the VMWare and ACS 5.x installation. I am attaching the VMWare - ACS 5.2 installation chapter.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Thanks.  The issue is my customer already has a VM deployed on UCS B-Series with more than enough resources than required per the design guide (8 cores, 4-6GB RAM etc.), but is still experiencing issues with ACS 5.2.  They are now looking into purchasing a HW appliance to be a primary...

Can you comment on any known performance issues with ACS 5.2 VM w/ UCS?

Thanks,
Jason

Hello Jason,

ACS 5.x should run on any Hardware as long the VMWare installation meets the minimum requirements. UCS should support the ACS as long as the VMWare settings are correct.

Are you running a supported VMWare Version as well?

Supported VMWare Versions

ACS 5.2 can be installed on the following VMWare versions:

VMWare 2.0 (for evaluation version of ACS 5.2 only)

VMWare ESX 3.5

VMWare ESX 4.0

If you feel the information provided was helpful please rate.

Regards

antero
Level 1
Level 1

Hi jason

I have this scenario implemented at 6 months and it worked fine till now. the HA worked when necessary with no problem. To support the virtual instance of ACS i'm using a hardware with the requirements for the VMWARE.

Primary appliance with the role of monitoring and configuration is the virtual, and the Cisco appliance "Hardware" takes all the hard work in being the first choice to authenticate the users, appearing from wireless radius access control or dot1x wired control.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: