cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.2 Replication failing shows PENDING

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

ACS 5.2 , in my Primary ACS under System Administration > Operations > Distributed System Management I see my Secondary but it shows "PENDING" under Replication Status.

Any idea why?

4 Replies 4

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

Online Status shows a red X for Active for my secondary;

This is my secondary;

ACSATL/ACSAdmin# show application status  acs

ACS role: SECONDARY

Process 'database'                  running
Process 'management'                running
Process 'runtime'                   running
Process 'adclient'                  running

ACSATL/ACSAdmin#

Hi,

did you solve the problem? We got a similar issue. The replication status shows Pending. If i´m forcing a full replication the status gets Updated for a while until stucking in Pending again. I already reloaded both the primary and secondary node and reconfigured the Distributed System Management at all.

In our case the online status is always ok ( green checked ).

I´m not sure if it is really a problem or more a cosmetic issue. Sometimes it seems to me that the Distributed System Management shows me Pending if no changes were made on the configuration and therefore no replication is needed. After i change a setting within the ACS the replication id gets incremented and the status gets UPDATED, but i´m not sure if it was just a kind of coincidence...

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Matthias

cisartomas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

same problem on ACS 5.1 sp5 . I solved this with TAC. They told to me that it should be only cosmetic issue. When i made change in configuration - status became online and Replication ID increase on cluster. After few minutes status became offline. TAC did not see any important message from our support-bundle. We close this ticket with message, that in the 5.2 is evething fix. I see that is not

Hi Jason,

I also faced the same issue. PENDING replication status is because the replication is not completed. You can manually try to replicate using following Command in Secondary ACS

ACS/admin(config-acs)# replication force-sync

You can use this command to check the replication status :

ACS/acsadmin(config-acs)# replication_status

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: