Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.3 AD integration questions

firapara1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have two ACS 5.3 appliances in Sync mode with some local users, devices, groups, etc. I need to join the ACS to the Active Directory. I have a couple of questions, can you help me please?

1) We have one Parent Domain and three child domians, I need client from all three child domains to be able to authenticate on ACS, should I join the ACS to the parent Domain, or is it possible to connect ACS to three child domains?

2) Will joining ACS to the AD affect the current (local) configuration, will the local users somehow lose access to some devices, or some devices will disappear? Or is it a safe procedure?

3) Another quick question, I can access the WEB UI, but cannot SSH (putty) using the same credentials, am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

edwardcollins7
Level 1
Level 1

1) Join it to the parent domain and you can authenticate from parent and child both.

-- Parent and child have default two way trust which is what is needed.

2) No, and it is safe.

3) SSH creds are different than the web GUI.

this is usually set when you install the ACS software.

if you forgot it, perform password recovery using the DVD.

Rate if Useful :)

Sharing knowledge makes you Immortal.

Regards,

Ed

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

edwardcollins7
Level 1
Level 1

1) Join it to the parent domain and you can authenticate from parent and child both.

-- Parent and child have default two way trust which is what is needed.

2) No, and it is safe.

3) SSH creds are different than the web GUI.

this is usually set when you install the ACS software.

if you forgot it, perform password recovery using the DVD.

Rate if Useful :)

Sharing knowledge makes you Immortal.

Regards,

Ed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: