cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

ACS 5.3 - Backups fail to TFTP, work to DISK

Hi All,

I'm configuring ACS for the first time and the config is complete and working, except backups of the view database. I've created a TFTP repositiory and if I perform a manual backup or wait for a scheduled one to occur it fails. I do get a .tar.gpg file in the TFTP server (but can not restore from it as it's not listed in "Restore" as a backup).

It works fine if I create and use a local disk repository. I get a .tar.gpg but also a catalog.xml and repolock.cfg file (which I don't in TFTP). Looking at the logs on the TFTP server I can see it tries repeatedly to read the catalog.xml file but fails:

Read request for file <DB/catalog.xml>. Mode netascii [15/07 16:05:52.167]

File <DB\catalog.xml> : error 2 in system call CreateFile The system cannot find the file specified. [15/07 16:05:52.167]

That seems correct, the file doesn't exist. However it never seems to try and create it.

(I've created 4 or 5 TFTP repositories testing this, all behave the same)

Any ideas?

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul,

TFTP will not work because the protocol doesnt support directory listing, what the ACS is trying to do is determine if a backup is currently running by looking into the repolock.cfg file. It also tries to see the contents of the catalog.xml file so that when a incremental backup is triggered it will add a line of the first full backup followed by all the incremental backups. Your best bet is to use ftp as the backup and this will fix the issue you are facing.

thanks,

tarik Admani

Tarik Admani *Please rate helpful posts*
2 REPLIES

Paul,

TFTP will not work because the protocol doesnt support directory listing, what the ACS is trying to do is determine if a backup is currently running by looking into the repolock.cfg file. It also tries to see the contents of the catalog.xml file so that when a incremental backup is triggered it will add a line of the first full backup followed by all the incremental backups. Your best bet is to use ftp as the backup and this will fix the issue you are facing.

thanks,

tarik Admani

Tarik Admani *Please rate helpful posts*
Community Member

Quite right, switched it to FTP and it worked fine. Tested with SFTP too.

Thanks for the help!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content