can anybody clarify me how it is possible join ACS 5.3 to windows domain?
from cisco doc:
Active Directory Domain Name: Name of the AD domain to join ACS to.
Username: Predefined user in AD. AD account required for domain access in ACS should have either of
• Add workstations to domain user right in corresponding domain.
• Create Computer Objects or Delete Computer Objects permission on corresponding computers container where ACS machine's account is precreated (created before joining ACS machine to the domain).
Password: Enter the user password. The password should have minimum of 8 characters with the combination of atleast one lower case alphabet, one upper case alphabet, one numeral, and one special character. All special characters are supported.
- Active directory must be windows DOMAIN name, or AD-server dns name?
- username must be domain user, or domain administrator?
- time on ad-server and acs must be synced (I'm using the same NTP)
- ip name-server for acs must be AD-server?
I can't join ACS to ad-domain. error message is 'can not resolve network address', but from acs-cli it is possible. where can be a problem?
Table of ContentsIntroductionVersion HistoryPossible Future
UpdatesDocuments PurposeNAT Operation in ASA 8.3+ SectionsRule Types
Network Object NATTwice NAT / Manual NATRule Types used per SectionNAT
Types used with Twice NAT / Manual NAT and Network Obje...
Table of Contents Introduction:This document describes details on how
NAT-T works. Background: ESP encrypts all critical information,
encapsulating the entire inner TCP/UDP datagram within an ESP header.
ESP is an IP protocol in the same sense that TCP an...