cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.3 Migration Utility Failures

mrfoxworth
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to run the migration utility to export from ACS 4.2.0(124) to an ACS 5.3 appliance, and am receiving the "

Fatal Error !! - cannot connect to ACS 4.x DB !!" error when I run the utility on the migration machine.  The migration machine has ACS 4.2.0(124) installed and is a Windows 2008 Standard Server SP1 running as a VM.  I am logging into the server with VNC (*not* RDP) with a locally-defined administrator account.  I get these errors in migration.log when I run the utility and try to do an "analyze and export" function:

07-26-2012 13:36:55 JavaUtils.isAttachmentSupported(JavaUtils.java:1308) WARN - Unable to find required classes (javax.activation.DataHandler and javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart). Attachment support is disabled.

07-26-2012 13:37:14 ACS4Connector.checkDBConnectivity(ACS4Connector.java:137)FATAL -  Fatal Error !! - cannot connect to ACS 4.x DB !!

java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

at ianywhere.ml.jdbcodbc.IDriver.makeODBCConnection(Native Method)

at ianywhere.ml.jdbcodbc.IDriver.connect(IDriver.java:354)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)

at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.migration.ACS4Connector.getConnecter(ACS4Connector.java:66)

at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.migration.ACS4Connector.checkDBConnectivity(ACS4Connector.java:133)

at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.migration.MigrationApplicationCLI.runExport(MigrationApplicationCLI.java:605)

at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.migration.MigrationApplicationCLI.main(MigrationApplicationCLI.java:266)

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have only seen it working with 2003 32-bits.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mauzamor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

The migration utility doesn't work when running Windows 2008 or 64-bits machines. This is already documented:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtn17779

Let me know if it helps.

This is Windows 2008 32-bit.  Is that supported?

I have only seen it working with 2003 32-bits.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: