cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.3 performance

Martin Keith
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using an ACS appliance (5.3) for Tacacs authentication and also hopefully Radius as well.     I upgraded it to 5.3.0.40.9 as I was having some performance issues with it when accessing the gui and read somewhere that this version was supposed to be better.     Unfortunately its not better, its actually worse, sometimes taking 20-30 seconds to display a screen (e.g. Radius authentication) and taking too long to save policy after making changes. 

It also now regularly displays this error which isn't easy to get rid of unless I log out and back in which is frustrating.    Anyone any ideas, is it worth upgrading to 5.4 and does that change the policies at all?  The performance issue almost seems like a disk fragmentation issue.

thanks

chrisACS error.JPG

3 Replies 3

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Chris:

- Have you tried different browsers and different machines to login? do they all show same behavior?

- What is the processes status of the ACS server?

- Have you tried to reload the ACS if that can help get rid of the issues you have?

Regards,

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

edelgado
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

This for sure looks like a browser issue or a DB issue.

You still running 5.3?

Regards,

Erick Delgado

Naveen Kumar
Level 4
Level 4

This problem occurs when you do the following:

a. Choose Users and Identity Stores > External Identity Stores > Active Directory > Directory Attributes.

b. Perform the attribute retrieval operation for any Active Directory user. Choose the attribute with the type string. For example, choose the name attribute.

c. Choose Access Policies > Access Services > Default Network Access > Authorization and create a rule with the condition as AD1:name with a value, and click Submit.

d. Now, choose Users and Identity Stores > External Identity Stores > Active Directory > Directory Attributes and edit the datatype of the name attribute from string to IPv4 Address, and click Submit.

Workaround:

Refrain from modifying the Active Directory attributes type after is created and used in a policy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: