Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.3 use LDAP IS. for one SSID and use HOST IS. for another SSID

I have 2 SSIDs on WLCs

I would like to have 1 SSID point to the acs radius using LDAP store and the 2nd SSID point to the acs radius using the host identity store for mac filtering.

both scenarios are working, but not together.

if I adjust the rule order I can get one SSID, but then the other fails.

Authentication failed                                                                                 :

22056 Subject not found in the applicable identity store(s).

Access Service Selection Matched Rule:

Rule-1

Identity Policy Matched Rule:

Rule-1

Selected Identity Stores:

RBLDAP

Evaluating Identity Policy

15004  Matched rule

15013  Selected Identity Store -

24031  Sending request to primary LDAP server

24017  Looking up host in LDAP Server - 04-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx

24009  Host not found in LDAP Server

22056  Subject not found in the applicable identity store(s).

22058  The advanced option that is configured for an unknown user is used.

22061  The 'Reject' advanced option is configured in case of a failed authentication request.

11003  Returned RADIUS Access-Reject

If I move the mac add rule before the ldap rule, but then ldap auth fails

11001  Received RADIUS Access-Request

11017  RADIUS created a new session

11027  Detected Host Lookup UseCase (Service-Type = Call Check (10))

Evaluating Service Selection Policy

15004  Matched rule

15012  Selected Access Service - MAC filter network access

Evaluating Identity Policy

15004  Matched rule

15013  Selected Identity Store - Internal Hosts

24209  Looking up Host in Internal Hosts IDStore - 04-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx

24211  Found Host in Internal Hosts IDStore

22037  Authentication Passed

I have tried to setup the following to no avail.

It seems to me that there should be a simple process to make this happens. I thought if the rule is not matched it would move on to the next rule etc...

I might be able to live with first checking ldap and if that fails move on to the local host db, but that seems ineficient.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2133704

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can create an identity store sequence so that if the endpoint isn't present in the ldap database then it can check its local host database.

Or you can create a condition in your service selection rule such that if the called-station-id ends with (SsidA) then you can have it match the rule that uses the appropriate rule which points to ldap, another rule where called-station-id ends with (ssidB) match the rule that points to the rule that uses the local host database.

Here is the section on how to configure the identity store sequence, keep in mind to select continue if user not found.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.3/user/guide/users_id_stores.html#wp1054132

Thanks,

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can create an identity store sequence so that if the endpoint isn't present in the ldap database then it can check its local host database.

Or you can create a condition in your service selection rule such that if the called-station-id ends with (SsidA) then you can have it match the rule that uses the appropriate rule which points to ldap, another rule where called-station-id ends with (ssidB) match the rule that points to the rule that uses the local host database.

Here is the section on how to configure the identity store sequence, keep in mind to select continue if user not found.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.3/user/guide/users_id_stores.html#wp1054132

Thanks,

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Thanks

I had created a identity store sequence but had placed the local db in the optional additional section. also changed contains to ends with. Seems to be working as of now.

Cheers

I don't think you need an idnetity sequence

The problem was occuring since you were using the contains operators and the SSIDs are "difi" and "difimac". Since the text "difi" is contained within "difimac" then this rule would always match if placed first

Therefore, if change rule to say ends with "difi" or ends with "difimac" then should not need an identity sequence and can select the specific database