cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.3 View Database Backup hanging

kerstin-534
Level 1
Level 1

In ACS 5.3 .0.40 the backup of the view database stopped working.

There seems that a backup stucked in progress.

Incremental backup is configured, I cannot edit the configuration in

"Monitoring Configuration -> Data management -> Removal and Backup" - the browser times out.

If I want to reload the ACS I get the this message

WARNING: A backup or restore is currently in progress! Continue with reload? (yes/no) [yes] ?

Why does backup of the view database not work ???

regards,

herbert

4 Replies 4

camejia
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Herbert,

I have seen issues with ACS View backups getting stucked if Incremental Backup is not configured. This might not be the case as you have stated that Incremental Backup is configured on your ACS.

At this point, the best approach would be to collect the support bundle including the day the ACS View backup was triggered and open a TAC case in order to deeper investigate the issue.

It would be important to specify if the services of the ACS have been restarted already or not. I would recommend to leave it as it is until collecting the support logs.

NOTE: Also, a possible reason for this issue to occur is that the ACS was not able to complete a previous backup and the /opt/CSCOacs/view/temp/IncrementalBackup.Running file got locked. This should be confirmed by a TAC engineer as well as we might need to access the underlying OS of the unit.

Regards.

Thank you for posting.

Strange ...

After 3 weeks of waiting the backup job that locked down other backups gave up backing up.

The configuration of incremental backup resetted back to default configuration.

I wonder what is going on ...

regards,

Herbert

Hello,

I have never faced that specific behavior. However, if the Incremental backup configuration got reset to default we should configure it again.

Regards.   

Having same issue..

getting a 404 error even though all the config backs are working fine.

Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: