cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.4 Cannot Install Patch 5

leeswc
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings. Just upgraded ACS 5.2 to 5.4 via SFTP and attempted to apply patch 5 but get error message "SSH connect error". Same SFTP server as used for the upgrade, so assumed the credentials had been removed in the upgrade process. Re-configured SFTP user/password, but still no success. Any ideas?

8 Replies 8

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you please get the "debug transfer 7"?

Are we using the same SFTP server for applying patch 5 or different?

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

I assume you have long since had this issue resolved.  But, just in case there are others that read this post, here is a possible solution.   When you apply the patch, you need to use the "acs patch install..." command, not the "patch install..." command.  A valid patch file will produce this error when using the wrong syntax.

Any "stupid" way of Cisco of doing things, the right-hand does not know what the left-hand is doing.

Why can't Cisco make it easier for everyone by making patching on the ACS just like how the ISE does it?  With the ISE, everything is done from the browser so that we don't have to go through questions like this one.

my 2c

leeswc
Level 1
Level 1

Well, I already answered half the question by configuring the user/password and then syncing the host-key but now I'm getting the error message "Manifest file not found in the bundle".

Basically, this error happens, if the file that got downloaded from Cisco site got corrupted. Did you check the checksum?

what web broswer you used to download patch 5?

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

Firefox 24.0 same as used to download the 5.4 upgrade. Did not check the checksum. Will do as soon as I figure out how.

leeswc
Level 1
Level 1

KI20604022AACSC/admin# debug transfer

KI20604022AACSC/admin# patch install 5-4-0-46-5.tar.gpg 5.4

Save the current ADE-OS running configuration? (yes/no) [yes] ?

Generating configuration...

Saved the ADE-OS running configuration to startup successfully

Initiating Application Patch installation...

6 [23794]: transfer: cars_xfer.c[47] [admin]: sftp copy in of

5-4-0-46-5.tar.gpg requested

6 [23794]: transfer: cars_xfer_util.c[578] [admin]: resolved server to

7 [23794]: transfer: cars_xfer_util.c[584] [admin]: copying

/5-4-0-46-5.tar.gpg from remote server: x.x.78.203

7 [24006]: transfer: sftp_copy.c[73] [daemon]: Executing SFTP command:

/usr/bin/scp tyrebyter@x.x.78.203:/5-4-0-46-5.tar.gpg

/storeddata/Installing/.1383315760/5-4-0-46-5.tar.gpg

7 [23794]: transfer: cars_xfer_util.c[592] [admin]: sftp xfer succeeded

% Manifest file not found in the bundle

KI20604022AACSC/admin#

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: