Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.4 user details

Imran Ahmad
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I have just install ACS 5.4 on VMware,  during the installation I created a username (admin) with a password,    now after installation is finished,  I can use that  Username & Pass  in the CLI of my ACS config,     but when I access and open ACS through  https://x.x.x.x,   and try logging in through that Username & Pass,  but it does not work

Any issue?? plz help me

3 Replies 3

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Users cannot login to the ACS GUI and this error message is received:

"The ACS runtime process is not running on this instance at this time. Changes can be made to the ACS configuration (these will be saved in the database), but changes will not take effect until the runtime process is restarted."

Solution

Manually restarting the runtime process from the CLI and rebooting the appliance resolves this issue. This is a minor issue and does not create any performance issue for the ACS. There are two minor bugs filed to observe this behavior. For more information, refer to Cisco bug IDs CSCtb99448 (registered customers only) and CSCtc75323 (registered customers only) .

In order to restart the runtime processes manually, issue these commands from the ACS CLI:

• acs stop runtime

• acs start runtime

Shinpei Kono
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If I understand correctly, you may want to follow the doc below indicating default credential for WUI to proceed with.

Accessing the Web Interface
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-4/installation/guide/csacs_book/csacs_postins.html#pgfId-1154228

The "admin" user is only for CLI access.

There is a default GUI user called "acsadmin" that you can use for the initial GUI login, the password is "default" and you will be forced to change it on the first login.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: