Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.5 upgrading to 5.8.

andrea.meconi
Level 2
Level 2

Hello.

Before upgrading ACS 5.5 to 5.8, I applied the last patch 10.

After that backup fails and I'm not able to modify or create users.

This is the error message

“One or more fields contains Invalid characters like ', ), (, ", + sign. Please remove them and try again”

Patch is now removed and all works fine.

Ideas?

Thanks.

Regards.

Andrea

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Andrea,

That would be great, but there is not such tool. You need to remove these characters from everywhere.

Regards,

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Ivan Gonzalez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andrea,

That is due to bug ID " CSCuq61347    ACS GUI logged out when using spl characters " it is affecting ACS 5.5 patch 9 and above versions.

Note: Please mark it as answered if applicable.

Thanks.

I'm not able to see bug details (no permissions). So which patch I need to install to upgrade to 5.8 directly?

Regards.

Hi Andrea,

What you can do is remove all ', ), (, ", + sign, from every section on ACS, once that has been done, apply patch 10, and then move to 5.8 version.

Regards,

So basically, these are the possible paths:

5.5>> 5.5 patch 10>>5.7>> 5.7 patch 1>> and finally 5.8.

Or

5.5>> 5.5 patch10>> 5.6>> 5.6 patch 3>> and finally 5.8

So I cannot perform a direct upgrade to 5.8 from 5.5 p 10 without remove the parentheses?

Andrea,

It looks like on ACS 5.8 it has been changed. On any other ACS version you were not able to jump to more than 2 new versions, however, based on the bellow guide you should be able to move from 5.5 patch 10 to 5.8:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-8/installation/guide/csacs_book/csacs_upg.html#pgfId-1225092

So it looks like it is not necessary to perform the upgrade path provided on the last comment.

Sorry,

is there a tool to remove these chars from configuration? If no, I need to remove these from ALL fields, description also?

Thanks.

Hi Andrea,

That would be great, but there is not such tool. You need to remove these characters from everywhere.

Regards,

This is not a good new!

Thanks.

Andrea

To clarify, as mentioned in thread, ACS 5.8 does support upgrade from three releases back; and not 2 as in previous releases. Therefore, if we planning upgrade from 5.5 could consider an upgrade directly to 5.8 

Andrea,

Just wanted to confirm that you did not apply the patch 10 to ACS 5.5 and instead upgraded directly to 5.8?

Thanks

Hello.

I removed some chars from my configuration, applied the last patch available and then upgraded to 5.8.

Regards.

Andrea

Hello.

I removed all those chars from configuration so I successfully upgraded to 5.8.

Many thanks for your attention.

Regards.

Andrea

Hello Andrea,

You are very welcome. I am glad the upgrade was successful.

Best regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: