cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.6.0.22 login incorrect on CLI (SSH)

nssnas189
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have some trouble with our ACS 5.6 (as VMs - we have 2 instances, linux based - and both behave the same).

In GUI the frame for the list of access policies was to small, and I'm not able to add filter device based on IP addresses!

For the moment AAA from all our devices work fine, but i don't know how long that will work further, and new policies ar not possible.

So I wanted to ssh to each instance with the cli admin (I'm sure of the password!), but i can't login (it says login incorrect).

I have googled for that issue, and just found that it is possible to recover the password. I would like befor I restart the VMs to download the ACS 5.x Recovery DVD/ISO for the case the restart does not help.

So where can I download this ACS 5.x Recovery DVD/ISO? Can anyone share a link?

Many thanks

Mourad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mourad,

You can simply boot your vm from the .iso image  and you will get the options there:

Please look at the step 7.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-6/installation/guide/csacs_book/csacs_vmware.html

Regards,

Kanwal

Note: Please mark answers if they are helpful.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mourad,

You can simply boot your vm from the .iso image  and you will get the options there:

Please look at the step 7.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-6/installation/guide/csacs_book/csacs_vmware.html

Regards,

Kanwal

Note: Please mark answers if they are helpful.

thanks kanwal!

That's did it.

Unfortunately the vmware tools have not been updated too. After searching I found out, that i need a shell access througth an ACS Root Patch!

Can you share a link for this ACS Root Patch?

Many Thanks.

Mourad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: