Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.x - Health Status

rhub
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning everybody

Currently I have installed 2 ACS 5.x with one of them defined as primary. When checking the health status of the 2 devices via "Monitoring and Reports - Dashboard" I get an "Status not available" for the secondary device which on the other hand results in a bunch of alarms mentioning "No status updates were received beweeen ..........". I'm able to ping the second ACS from the primary device and the config-synchronization between the 2 devices works perfectly.

Also the necessary processes are up an running on both boxes.

Please can anyone give me an advice where to check or change something ?

Any reply is very much appreciated

Regards

Roman 

5 Replies 5

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is a bug in ACS 5.1 that creates this kind of situation.

The trick is to remove the distributed deployment configuration and to re-do it again. It then works like a charm

From there it's advised to install the latest patch too :-)

Nicolas

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

Hello Nicolas,

many thanks for your reply and sorry: i did not exactly specify the ACS version I'm running; it is 5.2.0.26 so I assume it is not a "bug-related" problem.

Today the situation changed dramatically since i also didn't receive any health status messages from the primary server; this issue has been solved after about 30 minutes without any intervention at all.

I will reload the secondary ACS tonight and hopefully everything will again come back to normal.

Best regards

Roman

Hello Nicolas

I did 2 things this evening:

1. I reloaded the secondary server        

2. I de-registered the secondary server and registered it again

After both action the satus remains exactly the same, which means I still do not get any health status infos from the secondary server @ the primary ACS.

Any further hints ?

many thanks again for coming back

best regards

Roman

What I was talking about was CSCsu69983    Restoring a configuration disconnects deployment and causes replication issues

And it also affects ACS 5.2

It's fixed in 5.2 patch 1.

Symptom:
After restoring a backup database to a primary database, the deployment is disconnected.

Conditions:

When a backup database is restored, the database no longer contains correct deployment information for the secondary instance that belonged to the previous database. To avoid sending replication updates to the wrong secondary instances, the underlying replication communication system is changed so that only reconnected or newly registered Secondaries will receive replication updates.

Workaround:
After a database restore on the primary, you must re-register each secondary instance again to the primary instance in the deployment. The registration should be performed using the "Hardware Replacement" option to indicate that the server being registered already exists within the deployment configuration.

Hello Nicolas,

sorry for the late reply.The situation has changed in that I not only don't get the health status from the secondary server but also from the primary ACS.

In cleartext I even don't receive the health status from the primary server since some days.

I'm quite confident that after a reload of the servers everything will be o.k.

I have implemented the patch on the test ACS according to your recommendations but until now i don't have any results.

Best regards

Roman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: