cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.x large deployment add-on license, when should be loaded?

Hi,

I already have large deployment add-on license. I also have 3 ACS Servers. Now, my primary ACS server is now up and my two secondary ACS server will be put up soon.

Just want to ask, when should be the large deployment add-on license be loaded? Can I load it to my primary ACS server eventhough my secondary servers are still not up? Or should I load it to my primary ACS server when my two secondary servers are already up?

Thanks.

Need some inputs.

Regards,

Jessica

3 Replies 3

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

Can install it at any time including before the secondary servers are operational

It is part of the system configuration and will be replicated to any server that joins the deployment

Thanks.

So if all the ACS servers are up (primary and secondaries) and running with only a base licenses, all of it will be upgraded to large deployment when a large deployment add-on license is installed on a primary server. Is it automatically? Or there are still some configurations to do?

Regards,

Jessica P. Bernardo

Systems Engineer

Design & Engineering - CISCO

Professional Services Group

cid:image003.jpg@01CB81BE.73FD71B0

16th Floor Trafalgar Plaza

105 H.V. Dela Costa Street

Salcedo Village, Makati City

1227, Philippines

Email: jpbernardo@trends.com.ph

Phone: (+632) 8118181 loc. 3225

Fax: (+632) 8140130

Mobile: (+63917) 5913188

<> Click here to join our mailing list!

cid:image004.jpg@01CB81BE.73FD71B0 Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Yes. All servers will be upaded automatically. It is exactly the same as when you add a peice of configuration like a network device. When a network device is added it is replicated to all exisitng servers in a deployment. When a new server joins it get s the full full copy of the configuration database including the network device definition. The large deplotyment license works in the same way.