Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS AAA and LOCAL AAA database...

hornbeck
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have implimented an 5520 device and configured it for ACS successfully. I want to also have a local database with a few accounts in the event our ACS server went down. I am having trouble finding documentation for the syntax I need to enter on this 5520 device configuration so I can have redundacy for AAA...can some help with this? TIA, Gary

4 Replies 4

rochopra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

following command will help

aaa authentication ssh console server_group Local

So if AAA server is not available it will fallback to local database.

Following link can give more details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/configuration/guide/mgaccess.html#wp1042026

~Rohit

Thank so much for information. I printed out the pdf. I am having an issue figuring out the syntax to create a server_group? I have look at the command lines but have not be successful. Can you advise on how to give the device a server group name? TIA, Gary

Can configure server group by following commands:

aaa-server server_group protocol {kerberos | ldap | nt | radius | sdi | tacacs+}

aaa-server server_group (interface_name) host server_ip

See the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/configuration/guide/aaa.html#wp1039757

~Rohit

Hi ,

Check this example

aaa-server SERVER protocol tacacs+

aaa-server SERVER host 1.1.1.1

key $har3dK3y

This command applies the server group to the vty or

console lines:

==========

aaa authentication ssh console SERVER LOCAL <---

For SSH sessions

aaa authentication serial console SERVER LOCAL

<--- For console access

Hope that helps

Regards,

JG~

Please rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: