Replies

ACS - CSAUTH & CSRADIUS Logs

fanny.chow
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how I can switch the paths for the logs

C:\~~~\CSAuth\Logs\AUTH yy-mm-dd.log

C:\~~~\CSRadius\Logs\RDS yy-mm-dd.log

from their defaults? Ever since the enablement of the Radius Session Timeout attribute (027), the two daily logs are getting huge and taking up the a lot of the c:\ disk. Appreciate if someone can point me where I can change the directories from default. Thanks.

Fanny

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

These are set in the registry and we do not recommend changing them. These keys may change from version to version and if you modify them you may blow up your entire system.

These logs shouldn't be getting very large unless you have Full Logging enabled under System Config - Service Control. Unless you're having a problem and the TAC has recommended you set this level to High, there's no need to run under normal situations with this level. Try setting it to Low (default) or None and that should fix up your space limitation problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

These are set in the registry and we do not recommend changing them. These keys may change from version to version and if you modify them you may blow up your entire system.

These logs shouldn't be getting very large unless you have Full Logging enabled under System Config - Service Control. Unless you're having a problem and the TAC has recommended you set this level to High, there's no need to run under normal situations with this level. Try setting it to Low (default) or None and that should fix up your space limitation problem.

Hi,

I have huge log files as well...

1. I have 2 ACS's with 1 of both as a backup..

2. A few of days ago, the disk on the backup ACS is full and after check. the files in /CSAUTH/Logs and /CSMon/Logs hog them.

3. After check, periodic file deletion function is not enabled.

4. My question is that why the same both dir's on the primary ACS did not grow much though the

periodic file deletion function is not enabled either.

5. I am wondering whether the backup ACS need stay in monitoring the primary ACS status and that is why its log files in /CSauth/Logs grow quite fast..( over 10MB for each)

Matthew

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: