Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS CSUtil error

nigelb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I'm trying to run CSUTil as a local admin (server is in AD domain), and receive the foloowing error...

"Failed to initialize crypto api"

Any idea's?

ACS 3.3.1.11

Win2k3 SP1

1 Accepted Solution
6 Replies 6

Thanks AK

Pointed me in the right direction.

I think the issue was that I'd installed ACS on the server before it was added to the domain and, although I was logged in as the local (not domain) admin, CSUtil failed.

I removed and re-installed ACS whilst is was in the domain (still as local admin), and CSUtil worked OK.

Hi

I have the same problem with the CSUtil.exe if I will import VSA (-addUDV and -listUDV option). I can't open your postet URL. Can you please post detailed information of the content (problem, solution)?

Many thx

Hi Martin

It's a while ago, but I believe my issue was caused by installing ACS on the server BEFORE I'd added it to the Domain.

I subsequently removed ACS and reinstalled AFTER the server had been added to the domain.

The CSUtil then worked OK

Hope this helps

Regards

Nigel

Hi Nigel

Thanks for the information. In the next time I will re-install ACS.

Regards

Martin

Hi Nigel

I have solved the problem with the re-install of the ACS (AFTER the server had been added to the domain). CSUtil works now!

Thx for your support!

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: