Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS CTA(anyconnect) on laptop

Earl Granger IV
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys and gals,

I need to confirm something.  I am new to this but in my current environment we use Cisco anyconnect for posture checking and its using the CTA portion of anyconnect.  I want the laptop to pass a posture check without using the CTA.  If I add a posture policy to my ACS to look for a file or any registry key would I be able to authenticate on the network without CTA?  I would keep CTA in place but I just want to add an addition to the posture policy.  Please let me know. 

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Wow,

You are going way back! You are using the old nac framework where the CTA is used to relay the tokens/health status of the client. You need CTA since that is client that reports back to ACS on the posture status and if you meet the policy.

See step 4 in the posture validation section on the link below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/cta/2.1.103.0_supplicant/admin_guide/ctaOver.html

thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Does that have anything to do with the Network Polices because they show as not active.  Only laptops that are joined to the domain is allowed on the network.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: