Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ACS Database Replication - Failure

I have 2 ACS Servers running on Windows 2003 SP1 and I need to replicate the users and groups from one to another.

I can get the replication working and on the master it shows that replication is sucessful.

On the secondary ACS Server I do see all the changes but what is happening is the services are failing to start. The only way I am able to get the services going again is to reinstall the application.

Everything works untill I manually sync the databases and then the services fail again.

Both these servers are not behind any firewalls and have no nat translations between them.

This is what I get in the windows event log.

Faulting application CSLog.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module SchemeLayer.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00001609.

Faulting application CSAuth.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module SchemeLayer.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00001609.

This happens to all ACS services.

5 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: ACS Database Replication - Failure

Nothing in there address the issue I have.

I have been down most of the roads already, problem is the ACS Database will not start after replication.

Silver

I wouldnt waste any more time on it... looks like a genuine ACS bug. This is what the TAC are there for.

That is my next step, but figure I would try this first. As I figured I cant be the only one with this issue, but I could be wrong.

Thanks for the help everyone.

We had this kind of problem because of microsoft patch installed on the server. We did a clean re-install of the OS with only SP1 and it solved the issue. Now...having a cluster of un-patched ACS is not that great and Cisco does not support CSA with ACS.

Views
Helpful
Replies