Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS Express 5.0 to AD directly

melwongpl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can I link ACS Express directly to Microsoft Active Directory since ACS Express 5.0 is running on Linux Platform.

If yes, Do i need to installed agents on AD Server to talk to ACS Express ?

2 Replies 2

melwongpl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Anybody there ? Has anybody used Cisco ACE Express 5.0 before ?

Can it linked up to AD directly ? Or an agent is required on the AD server ?

Thanks

I don't know about Express but the Solution Engine (also an appliance):

Q. How does Cisco Secure ACS Solution Engine authenticate to Windows domains?

A. In general, in order to authenticate Windows NT 4.0 or Active Directory domain users, you must establish a Windows member or domain controller trust relationship. Since Cisco Secure ACS Solution Engine does not run the necessary Windows server services to establish this trust, an external Cisco Secure ACS remote agent is provided with the appliance solution. The Cisco Secure ACS remote agent can be installed on member servers, domain controllers, or backup domain controllers. Note: The best practice would be to install the remote agent on a full domain controller-this would allow it to perform its authentication functions with the least extra configuration requirements.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5712/ps5338/prod_qas09186a008018e94a.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: