Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS External user Database configuration

girish4856
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to use the windows database as the external database. While doing the configuration I am encountering the follwoing error mesage. Any clue about this error message. Can it be fixed without reinstalltion?

An error has occured while processing the Authen DLL Default Group Page because of an internal error..

"External Authentication Configuration Error

ACS has encountered a problem while attempting to process your request. This could be due to one of the following:

An incorrect installation or configuration of the third-party DLLs required to support this External Database

A corrupt ACS configuration"

Regards

Girish

4 Replies 4

ethiel
Level 3
Level 3

I recently got this after a OS hotfix. I re-installed ACS over the top (it backed up, uninstalled, installed, and restored all at once) and it resolved the issue. The hotfix overwrote one of the DLLs ACS needed with an unsupported one.

Hi

Suprisingly I have the exact same problem - but I couldnt say its because of an Hotfix Problem.

I've installed the ACS 4.0 on top of itselves 2 times now.

The first time it brought the errormessage after one day, second time after 6 weeks.

It runns again.

Do you by any chance know what DLL's which needs to be "restored"?

By the way the error message I recieve is:

" An error has occured while processing the Authen DLL Default Group Page because of an internal error.. "

Marco Hornung
Level 1
Level 1

Restart the following services:

?? CSAuth

?? CSDbSync

?? CSLog

?? CSMon

?? CSRadius

?? CSTacacs

?? CSAdmin

I have write a batch file which run after a reboot.

Hello,

I think, that will help !!!!!!!!!!

disable the following service:

Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: