Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS - Failed to import file

expertirs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I do some tests on the ACS through the CLI.

I'd like to import files from a remote repository to test the "import-data" command.

I created a repository from the CLI and when I do a "show repository", I can see the content of the directory.

When I execute the command "import-data", I have the error "Unable to import file "<filename>" from remote repository "repository_name"

What could be the cause?

I use a linux sftp server.

Regards,

Angélique

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey,

You are missing this:

host-key sync

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-4/command/reference/cli/cli_app_a.html#pgfId-2187776

Regards

Ed

**Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality. --Dalai Lama** Please Rate if helpful. Regards Ed

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

edwjames
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Angelique,

ACS uses SCP for file transfer and SFTP for "show repository".

Does your Linux SFTP support SCP?

Run:

debug transfer 7

debug copy 7

and share that please.

Regards

Ed

**Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality. --Dalai Lama** Please Rate if helpful. Regards Ed

Hi Ed,

Thanks for your reply. The SFTP server supports SCP, indeed.

I did your debug command and saw that there is a "host-key" issue :

3 [6256]: transfer: sftp_copy.c[188] [daemon]: sftp_copy ERROR: host-key option is not configured
3 [6256]: transfer: sftp_copy.c[258] [daemon]: sftp_copy ERROR: command execution failed

Seems to be the initialization of the connection....

Hey,

You are missing this:

host-key sync

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-4/command/reference/cli/cli_app_a.html#pgfId-2187776

Regards

Ed

Muhammad Munir
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

Just to add Edward post, can you please confirm that all the following services are in running state.

•CSAdmin
•CSAuth
•CSDbSync
•CSLog
•CSMon
•CSRadius
•CSTacacs

For more information, please visit the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4-2/trouble/guide/ACSTrbG42.pdf

Hi,

I use a linux based system with version 5.4 of ACS.

Naveen Kumar
Level 4
Level 4

Please check the user permission:

Only users who have CRUD permissions to a specific configuration object in the GUI can import that particular configuration data to an ACS local store.

expertirs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ed,

Thanks a lot for your reply!

I didn't know this command. It works fine now!

Regards

Angelique

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: