Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS Forwarding Authentication

cannone78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I've read the cisco ACS functionality called 'Unknown User Policy': if a user is not present in the local database the acs can forward the authentication request towards an other External Database.

My quesion is: can I use an other Cisco ACS as external databse? I mean i'd like to forward my authentication request to an other ACS?

Many thanks in advance for your support

Gianluca

1 Reply 1

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

You can map an external database to a Cisco Secure ACS group. Unknown users who authenticate using the specified database automatically belong to, and inherit the authorizations of, the group. For example, you could configure Cisco Secure ACS so that all unknown users who authenticate with a certain token server database belong to a group called Telecommuters. You could then assign a group setup that is appropriate for users who are working away from home, such as MaxSessions=1. Or you could configure restricted hours for other groups, but give unrestricted access to Telecommuters group members.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: