Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS group of devices read-only access in time-base

Tzy Chun Chong
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All Experts in ACS,

I need your advice whether ACS has such capability in controlling access to a group of devices in time-based.

My client had restrict the change windows starting from 00:00 - 06:00 midnight, to comply toward this restriction. We have instructed to allow the TACACS read/write access to certain group of major devices only on the change windows timeframe stated above. Out of this timeframe it will only allow for read-access to these group devices.

I just want to check with all Experts in ACS, can we have such capability in access control from ACS? If yes, can you link me to the related URL to study such setup on ACS? Very urgent and much appreciated for your help.

Chong

2 Replies 2

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the code of ACS you've in your network?

I'm providing you a link of ACS 5.4 where it is possible.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.4/user/guide/pol_elem.html#wp1150820

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

Hi Jatin,

I'm using ACS 5.4. I reviewing the link you provided now for possible solution, thanks in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: