Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ACS GUI authentication issue

Hi All

I installed ACS 5.3 on a virtual machine to integrate it with gns3 , I can ping ACS IP from a gns router and vice versa , but when I try to access the GUI interface with admin username/password ,  it prompts me with " Invalid username or password specified" although same credentials work with CLI access .

any idea ?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

You should use;username:

You should use;

username: ACSAdmin

Password: default 

The first time you log in to ACS 5.3, you are prompted for the predefined administrator username ( ACSAdmin ) and required to change the predefined password name ( default ). After you change the password, you can start configuring the system.
The predefined administrator has super administrator permissions—Create, Read, Update, Delete, and eXecute (CRUDX)—to all ACS resources.

Regards,

Jatin Katyal

** Do rate helpful posts **

~BR Jatin Katyal **Do rate helpful posts**
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

You should use;username:

You should use;

username: ACSAdmin

Password: default 

The first time you log in to ACS 5.3, you are prompted for the predefined administrator username ( ACSAdmin ) and required to change the predefined password name ( default ). After you change the password, you can start configuring the system.
The predefined administrator has super administrator permissions—Create, Read, Update, Delete, and eXecute (CRUDX)—to all ACS resources.

Regards,

Jatin Katyal

** Do rate helpful posts **

~BR Jatin Katyal **Do rate helpful posts**
Gold

After installation, the first

After installation, the first time you log in to ACS, you must do so through the ACS web interface and install the licenses. You cannot log in to ACS through the CLI immediately after installation.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-3/user/guide/acsuserguide/admin_admin.html

Views
Helpful
Replies